- 4 bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped (try a color that you are not already using)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomatopaste
- low fat mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- ground cumin to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- I added saracha to min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap the green bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in the skillet, and cook onion, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender (I add the spinach 1/2 way through since it cooks so fast). Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stuff the peppers with the skillet mixture.
- Return peppers to the oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and eat away!
I am pretty much in LOVE! If you love rice and want to eat it without the carbs, try Cauliflower rice!
Head of cauliflower.
Seasonings. (I used butter, salt and pepper)
Microwave safe dish with a lid
What you do:
Cut the cauliflower from the head and cut it into smaller pieces. Wash and dry the pieces and then put them into the blender/food processor and mix it till it is the size of rice. Add Cauliflower into microwave safe dish with the lid (nothing else, don’t add water) and microwave for 5 minutes. When it is done add what ever seasoning you would like!
Example of the dish I used:
I just got frozen cooked shrimp and unthawed it.
Add it into a sauce pan with a little water, Tj’s taco seasoning, lime juice and corn salsa (look at my taco salad posting) and heat it up and let it sit while you chop up your veggies.
I LOVE Trader Joe’s Yogurt dip with Mexican food. It is low fat and a great substitute for sour cream. I put a little bit of that mixed with hot sauce and salsa. That’s it.
I put radishes on the side with a little cup of cuban style black beans! YUM! They were so good!
What you need:
Ground Turkey meat
Black Beans or Kidney beans
Natural shredded cheese
Corn (I use the TJ’s corn and chille salsa)
Low fat thousand island dressing
Organic corn chips
Tj’s Taco Seasoning
What you do:
Brown the meat and add in the seasoning and chopped green onion
Heat up the black beans
put the butter lettuce, tomatoes, shredded cheese, corn and avocado into your salad bowl
Mix a little bit of thousand island with some salsa for your dressing
Add the meat and black beans once they cool down a little bit
Add organic corn chips if you would like.