Clean Eating Breakfast Pita
(Makes 2 pitas)
- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup bell peppers, chopped (any color)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 cup raw spinach (but you can cook it if you prefer)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
Step 1 – Saute the bell peppers in the oil until tender (the spinach too if you prefer it cooked)
Step 2 – Add the eggs and spices to the pan and scramble everything together.
Step 3 – Stuff your pita with the filling and go!
Eat and Enjoy! (by The Gracious Pantry)
- 4 bell peppers, tops removed, seeded
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped (try a color that you are not already using)
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon tomatopaste
- low fat mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- ground cumin to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- I added saracha to min
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Wrap the green bell peppers in aluminum foil, and place in a baking dish. Bake 30 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from heat.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until evenly brown. Set aside. Heat oil in the skillet, and cook onion, garlic, mushrooms, zucchini, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, and spinach until tender (I add the spinach 1/2 way through since it cooks so fast). Return turkey to the skillet. Mix in the tomatoes and tomato paste, and season with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Stuff the peppers with the skillet mixture.
- Return peppers to the oven, and continue cooking 15 minutes.
- Top with cheese and eat away!